CEBCON has developed an innovative pellet conditioner and cooler that features an energy-efficient heat recovery system for use in pellet production. Depending on the selected design, the conditioner/cooler can process granulates from a variety of biomass. This includes pellets made from:
- By-products from the forestry and timber industry, sawdust, logs
- Agricultural waste such as straw, shells, husks
- Solid fermentation residues from biogas production
- Whole plants such as bamboo, miscanthus,
- Wood from short-rotation plantations
- Animal excrements
The conditioner/cooler can be implemented either as an integrated component for new pellet production facilities or as a stand-alone module to replace existing facilities.